Last Revised: November ___, 2019
Elron Electronic Industries Ltd, (“Company”, “we” or “Elron”) respects the privacy of the users (“User” or “you”) of its website at https://www.elron.com/ (the “Site”) and is committed to protect the User’s information. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you use our Site.
1. Your consent (important, please read carefully!)
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us when such User uses our Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, device type, User’s ‘click-stream’ on the Site, keyboard language, screen resolution, time spent on various screens of the Site, etc. We also use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics to obtain detailed analytics on the User’s behavior on the Site.
- The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
· Personal Information consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User when registering to our newsletter which includes, inter alia, full name and e-mail address.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
3. How Do We Collect Information on our Users?
There are two main methods that we use:
- We collect information through your entry, connection, access and/or use of the Site. In other words, when you are using the Site, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage (such as the Non-personal Information detailed above), either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register to our newsletter.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of our Site.
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the Site.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Respond to your inquiry.
- Provide the Users with materials, updates about Elron’s activities and news regarding the topics that may be of an interest to you, etc.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
For avoidance of doubt, Elron may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its discretion including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes.
6. Third Party Service Providers
7. Links to Third Party Websites
The Site is intended for Users over the age of thirteen (13). Therefore, Elron does not intend and does not knowingly collect directly Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Site.
9. News and Updates
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with for the purpose of providing you non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future activities and our portfolio companies. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to Elron e-mail address that appears in the Site [or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you. – Lauren to confirm]
10. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
In the event that you wish to modify or delete the Personal Information you provided us via the Site you can send us an e-mail of your request to: email@example.com, and we will modify or delete your Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. We will retain and use your Personal Information for a reasonable time after termination as necessary to comply with our legal or business requirements or obligations (including as required by applicable law), or to resolve disputes. Aggregate and/or anonymous data derived from your use of the Site may remain on Elron’s servers indefinitely. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as required to provide you the information regarding Elron’s activities, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted on the Mailchinp servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). In addition we employ highly secure services design and implementation using state of the art encryption and architectures mechanisms. Furthermore we implement a secure permission management and auditing system using specific and proprietary firewall and network access filtering as well as security group mechanisms. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. ELRON SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA.
13. Got any Questions?